Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Snow, Earthquakes, Birthday fun, and Ric Flair

Well it's been over a week since my last post so this whole blogging experiment has started slowly but hey it's a new week and I have some time to share some thoughts. Again when I started this I had various ideas of what all I wanted to share. I obviously wanted to share about my faith and the applications that I feel others can gain from that faith. I also wanted to share personal stories as well as just random topics of daily interest whether it be current events or other subjects. I just wanted to treat it like a buffet not knowing what all you will get but knowing it will be something either insightful and/or entertaining. So hopefully I can get a few out this week. Today's will be one of those random posts so here we go.

We just came off of Valentine's Day and here in SC what we now refer as Winter Blast 2014. Over 6 inches of snow and ice added together causing for a whole week shutdown. And with that came some fun playing with my kids as well as by the end of the week having cabin fever. It was great to be together but we all needed some alone time by that Friday. And that day being Valentine's Day was great because I was able to take my wife out to eat and have some kid free time. But the exclamation point came in the form of an earthquake about 50 miles or so from where I live. The aftershock was felt that Friday night and sent a social media shock wave off in our area. The news outlets were quick to hit the air and let's just say that the initial interviews were of high entertainment value among the local residents.


My daughter Caitlin celebrated her 6th birthday this past weekend. Seriously time has to slow down a bit. This kid is growing more and more every day. She is too smart for her own good at times but such a blessing. We have a great bond that has grown. We are just a like which causes conflict at times but also is refreshing because I can see so much of me in her. Her birthday fell on Wednesday this year and she was able to be around my youth group that night. They sang Happy Birthday to her as well sang one of her favorite songs Washed By The Water with her. She also had a Frozen themed party at home during the weekend. So it was a great week for her and I think she was overly satisfied.

Later this week I am looking forward to seeing the Nature Boy Ric Flair in Spartanburg, SC. He will be appearing for an autograph and photo session. Not gonna go into a big spill now but maybe for one of next week's blogs but I am jacked up for this. I have been a long time wrestling fan as well as a Flair fan. Have had the chance to see him wrestle live in his prime and appear in his latter years. This will definitely be a bucket list moment for me so I hope to not be too goofy and make the most of it. Should be fun.


How bout some free entertainment? To show you how crazy the Collins clan can get I thought it would be cool to post one of our music videos that was a blast to do. A different version of the song Whole New World from Aladdin. Stellar Kart is the band that provided the remake and it's a lot of fun. Notice the Jasmine doll held by Caitlin during the song as well as my son Chase's Nascar like dance moves. Enjoy. 



Gonna leave this for now with the hopes of some more blogs this week. But had to get back on track and caught up to speed. Hope everyone has a blessed day and makes the most out of their time today.


No comments:

Post a Comment